Development of a new brand and information centred website, not only improved membership but lifted credibility of the organisation to media, government bodies and industry.
The Civil Engineering Contractors Association represents the interests of civil engineering contractors in the UK. The association had identified that its credibility to represent it's members and lobby government was being questioned. The Association urgently sought to re-invigorate the brand and update its communication.
Upon appointment, the project began with thorough research from internal and external audiences. This opinion and feedback, combined with our own sector research, underpinned the initial design direction and concepts. Further discussion and opinion from focus groups helped define the final solution.
- To restructure the way CECA would be referred to
- Development of a professional yet friendly brand profile
- A contemporary style building on the organisational structure
- Development of a meaningful strapline and type style.
We also proposed comprehensive guidelines for the use of the brand in different media, with recommendations of how the brand icon can be used as a flexible graphic element.
- A dramatic shift in the perceptions of CECA within the industry and the media
- Greater ‘weight’ when connecting with government bodies and broader industry
- Improved attitude and involvement from its membership
- Increased membership numbers and renewals
- Broader awareness and recognition of CECA with industry graduates.
The outcome delivered a genuinely integrated solution, with a customer focused website. In addition, a secure members’ area with new social media features (including news and events listings) and the ability to purchase publications was added. A new digital newsletter also helped CECA communicate more effectively within the civil engineering industry and it's own members.